- Year Group Information for Parents and Carers
- Year 1 Information for Parents and Carers
- Year 1 Timetable and PE Arrangements
Year 1 Timetable and PE Arrangements
Year 1 Timetable
In Year 1 students receive regular core subject learning.
- English incorporates the Read, Write Inc. phonics scheme to embed letter sounds and blending skills, as well as individualised reading and writing lessons.
- Regular maths lessons focus on a particular element of Maths alongside Maths meetings where different concepts are included in order to embed the range of Maths concepts covered throughout the year. Teachers use the MathsMastery scheme of work as a starting point for their planning.
- The Year 1 Science programme of study is taught throughout the year in line with the national curriculum to cover learning on plants, animals, including humans, everyday materials and seasonal changes. This learning is made as practical as possible.
The foundation subjects are also taught regularly throughout the week and include computing, geography, history, art & design, design & technology (DT), physical education (PE), religious education (RE), personal, social, health and economic education (PSHE) including relationships education, and music. Please refer to the Curriculum page for further information about the content of each subject and what is taught when.
Please note that students in Year 1 have PE on different days. Please ensure that your child is sent into school wearing their school PE kit on the days listed below.
Please ensure your child is wearing trainers (no football or astro turf boots). If it is a cold day students can wear navy blue jogging bottoms and their school jumper over their PE kit. A coat or light waterproof may also be appropriate.