Covid-19 Information for Parents
19th July 2021 Update
Despite the general relaxation of COVID rules from 19th July 2021 we will continue to follow the rules and routines detailed below until the end of term. We would very much appreciate parents/carers support in still wearing masks on the school premises and still following the one way system. The children will remain in class bubbles. Although we have had to burst class bubbles this structure has meant that the other two classes in a year group have remained in school.
Please see the approved Operational Risk Assessment for the school below.
The school follows Government and TEFAT guidance in relation to policies and procedures implemented as a result of COVID-19.
Please see the Virtual Learning message for parents from the CEO of the Elliot Foundation below:
- During school closure and partial school opening, online work will be set for all children from Years 1 to 6 on Google Classroom.
- Please visit TEFAT’s Home Learning Support Site for easy access to Google Classroom; other online learning tools including TT Rockstars, Bug Club, Spelling Shed and MyMaths; and online safety guidance for parents.
- Children in Nursery and Reception can access online work through our EYFS Website.
- All children are encouraged to keep reading. Copies of First News are being shared with KS2 parents via email and can also be found in the children’s Google Classrooms.
- Please contact the school office at email@example.com for support with any issues you may be having with technology that impact your child's access to home learning.
- For further information about the provision of Remote Education please see the Remote Education Information for Parents document at the bottom of this page.
Contacting the School:
Please do not visit the school unless you have an appointment as we are minimising visitors to our school site in accordance with Department for Education guidelines.
If you have any questions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The main school email is monitored throughout the day during term time and your email will be directed to the right staff member for a response.
- If you don’t have easy access to email, you can still call the main school number and leave a message and a member of staff will get back to you.
Government Guidance on Self-Isolation
Please do not visit the school or send your child to school if anyone in your household has symptoms or is waiting for a Covid-19 Test. The following self-isolation guidelines have been published by the NHS:
Self-isolate immediately if:
- you have any symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- you've tested positive for coronavirus – this means you have coronavirus
- you live with someone who has symptoms or tested positive
- someone in your support bubble has symptoms or tested positive
- you're told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app
- you arrive in the UK from a country with a high coronavirus risk – see GOV.UK: how to self-isolate when you travel to the UK
If you are unsure whether your child should be in school please either email Mrs Childs, Welfare Officer (email@example.com) or call 01895 590087 BEFORE coming to school.
Please visit the following page for the most up to date guidance from the Government: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Testing: The NHS are now offering free testing to anyone over the age of 5 who has coronavirus symptoms (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste). Please visit the following page for information on testing and to request a test online: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/ask-for-a-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/
School Drop-off / Collection:
- We ask that only one parent enters the school site with their child/ren to minimise the numbers on site.
- All visiting adults, including parents and carers, should wear a mask or suitable face covering when attending the school site, and respect social distancing rules to protect our whole community.
- We will be operating staggered start and finish times for different year groups to minimise the number of visitors on site at any one time. Please refer to the Temporary Staggered Start and Finish Time page for further information. Please be punctual and try to avoid arriving to school early.
- A one way system will be in place and we ask that all parents enter the school site via the Uxbridge Road gate and leave through the Nicholls Avenue gate.
Support for Children and Families:
Please inform us of any significant events that have happened in your family particularly if you have sadly experienced a death in the family due to COVID-19. It will enable your child’s class teacher/LSA to take extra care when discussing the last six months with your child. If you need to pass on any information you can do it in one of two ways. You can send an email to Mrs Childs (firstname.lastname@example.org) our Welfare Officer explaining the situation or you can send an email asking Mrs Childs or Mrs Chaplin (Pastoral Care Manager) to telephone you for a discussion. Please be reassured that we will manage all information received sensitively and it will only be used to support your child’s wellbeing.
We are aware that whilst the school was closed some of our children will not have not had the resources and support available to them in the Rainbow Room, therefore we launched a virtual Rainbow Room to contribute to supporting children's mental health and wellbeing. We acknowledge that everyone's experiences during lockdown were different. As such, we are aiming for this resource to support families to stay mindful and calm together. Please click on the following link to the Virtual Rainbow Room site: https://sites.google.com/hillingdonprimaryschool.org.uk/wellbeing/home
The London Borough of Hillingdon are also offering a free Educational Psychology telephone helpline service to parents. Please see our SEND Information page for further information.
Free School Meals:
We are continuing to support children eligible for benefits related free school meals who are at home during term time through the provision of food parcels or food vouchers. Information is provided directly to those eligible.
We are aware that there may be families who have had a change of circumstances recently making them eligible for certain benefits. If you think that your child / children may now be eligible for free school meals, please contact Mrs Childs at email@example.com for a confidential conversation.
COVID Winter Grant Scheme:
The government has awarded money to Hillingdon Council as part of the Covid Winter Grant Scheme to provide support to vulnerable households and families with children affected by the pandemic during the winter period. Information on accessing this grant is available using the following link COVID Winter Grant Scheme - Hillingdon Council.
School / The Elliot Foundation Policies and Guidance:
The Covid-19 pandemic has required us to rethink the way we educate our pupils and work with their families to ensure everyone's safety and well-being. The Elliot Foundation's Covid-19 page provides information relating to the Trust's approach to safely managing the reopening of its academies as well as links to Covid-19 related Trust wide policies and guidance documents that have been introduced.
Below you will also find a list of documents and appendices specific to Hillingdon Primary School. Copies of these documents can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Intimate Care Policy Appendix
- Online Safety Guidance (including links to advice for parents)
- PPE Policy
- Pupil Behaviour Policy Appendix
- Pupil Stationery and Equipment List
- Safeguarding Policy Appendix
- TEFAT Social Distancing Policy
Communication: Staying in Touch
We are continuing to communicate with our families via letter, email and on Twitter. You can follow us at @Hillingdon_PS where we share and showcase the excellent work of staff, pupils, parents and governors and celebrate the success and achievements of the children.
Please click on the link to the right to access copies of all of the letters sent to parents to communicate arrangements during school closure and partial reopening. Please visit our News and Events / Letters page for all other letters.