Hillingdon Primary School:
Learning and Achieving Together
Learning and achievement drives everything that we do at Hillingdon Primary School. Our job, in partnership with parents, is to build the foundations for a successful education, to enable each child to discover the joy of learning, to help them to fulfil every aspect of their potential and to encourage their growth into effective citizens, ready to play their part in the world and their community.
We work hard to ensure that every child is successful in the key areas of English and Maths and we are keen to see this recognised in the results they secure. However, we also want them to learn and experience more than this through a varied curriculum and a range of extra-curricular and after-school opportunities that complement our work in the classroom. We value each child as an individual and aim to provide the opportunities for pupils to excel in areas where they have a special talent whether this is in science, in sport, in drama, in art, in music or through involvement in our school council.
This website offers an insight into our school – a glimpse of our values, curriculum, events and community. If you would like to know more then you are encouraged to contact the school office and arrange a visit to see us at work.
Our school's aims
Hillingdon Primary School is an academy school situated on the Uxbridge Road in the area known as Hillingdon Heath. There has been a school on the site for over 100 years.
At Hillingdon Primary School our mission is to ensure that everyone is happy, caring and independent, and that our school is a place where we can learn together and do our best.
Our aims are for every child to...
- be happy, safe, confident, responsible and independent in a secure, stimulating environment which provides positive opportunities for success for all ages, races, genders and abilities
- enjoy acquiring knowledge, skills and abilities in all areas of the curriculum - cognitive, physical, social, emotional, creative and spiritual, with particular emphasis on language and number skills
- take increasing responsibility for his/her learning within a stimulating, structured environment where expectations are high
- develop, through a variety of learning experiences, creativity, problem-solving skills, the ability to make informed choices and the enthusiasm for discovery that will remain the basis for future learning
- have respect and care for everyone in the school community, and to recognise and value his/her own contribution and that made by others to its general well-being
- develop an increasing appreciation, understanding, respect and tolerance for other people and for the physical environment, both locally and in the wider world